Thursday, May 21, 2009

Addictions

Hi, my name is Megan...and I am a sweets addict. It has been less than an hour since my last sweet. I have been a sweets addict since I was a child. Sweets were bribes, rewards, pick-me-ups, just because, celebrations, and sometimes even secrets. My family is a group of eaters. We love food, we love to eat, and we have an addiction to sweets. So we always have sweets: candy bowls on the counter, desserts galore at every holiday, and we would often have a carton of ice cream in the freezer...sometimes two. I tell you this in a bit of tongue and cheek...but in all seriousness I know that I have an issue with sweets. If they are available I think about them. I want them. I can almost taste them. And I don't want people to judge me for this so I will sometimes sneak them. We currently have a cake in our workroom. I tried to fight the good fight against it but I lost. I just can't say no to it.

So I am trying to work through this by coming up with alternate ideas instead of eating cake. So here are some of my thoughts...
~ throw it out...but I doubt my co-workers would be on board
~ ignore it...but it is very persuasive
~ move it to another room so I don't see it...I would still know it was there
~ eat something else so I don't want it...this is where the adage "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" should come in but somehow the instant gratification still wins out for me
~ wait 15 minutes and see if I still want it...this is the option that I'm leaning towards

0 comments: