Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Paws for the Cause 5K - Follow-Up

Me and the SPCA Dog
Saturday morning I woke up around 7:00 am and took care of the dogs. Then I headed down the road to the start of the Paws for the Cause 5K. I liked this one because it was close to me and it didn't start until 9:00 am. I got there, got signed in, got my bib and my goody bag. I was going to change into the shirt but they only had a port-a-potty and I just didn't feel like that was something I wanted to deal with so I put the goody bag in the car. We stood around for a bit waiting for it to start. It wasn't too big a crowd. Then they told us to get to the start line. I got to the back since I walk and the runners took off. 98% of the group ran only 3 or 4 of walked. I ended up at the back but I was cool with it, I had a beautiful day, my iPhone, and I could go at my own pace. The path was a bit hilly and it had a LOT of potholes since it was a dirt road which was a bit of a challenge. I was doing good until a little after the turn around point where a couple in front of me decided that I shouldn't finish alone so they waited for me and talked to me. It was fine except I was kinda in a zone. But I will admit it got a bit strange when the husband suggested the wife and I hold hands and cross the finish line. I politely declined. It was my first race of the season and I enjoyed it.

1 comments: