Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Top Ten Favorite Things About Christmas

Working in a church Christmas can get lost and enjoying Christmas becomes trickier because we are running around like crazy people getting ready. So I decided to focus on some of my favorite things about Christmas are...

10 - Giving gifts...I love to see the expression on someone's face when they get something they really love.

9 - Singing Christmas Carols...I love singing Christmas carols of all kinds but my favorites are Angels we Have Heard on High and O Holy Night.

8 - Christmas lights...on Christmas Eve my Mom and I drive around and look at lights. We've added some other nights to our tour as well over the years.

7 - Santa Claus...I love the concept of Santa Claus and for that I believe Santa is real. He just gets some help along the way. Although I've always wondered about the Nice and Naughty list.

6 - Department Store Decorations...I love the decorations at stores because it is always so festive and it puts me in a better mood. Which is usually destroyed by my fellow shoppers.

5 - Christmas Movies...I love watching Christmas movies they help get me in the Christmas mood.

4 - Christmas Parties - I love celebrating Christmas throughout the month. And I love celebrating with my friends and family.

3 - Christmas morning...as a child I loved the wonder of seeing the tree and the presents. As an adult there is just as calm that comes on Christmas morning. All the world is right.

2 - Christmas Eve Service...I love the Christmas Eve service because it reminds us of what the holiday is about and I love lighting our candles while singing Silent Night, Holy Night. There is something magical about  that moment.

1 - The Christmas Story...I never tire of hearing the story of Mary and Joseph and the birth of Jesus.

What are some of your favorite things about Christmas?


0 comments: